- Detroit hosts the largest (and first) ethnic festival in the U.S., the International Riverfront Festivals.
- Detroit has the largest fireworks display in
the United States.
- The largest free jazz festival in the U.S. is the Detroit International Jazz Festival.
- The North American International Auto Show is third-largest in the world.
- Belle Isle Park is the largest island park
within a city in the United States.
- Detroit Institute of Arts is the fifth-largest fine arts museum in the United States.
- Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield
Village is the second most popular attraction
- The Ambassador Bridge, linking Detroit to Canada, is the longest international
suspension bridge in the world.
- Eastern Market is the oldest outdoor and flower-bedding market in the United States.
The oldest freeway in the United States is
the Davison Freeway, connecting Detroit and Highland Park.
- The world’s largest indoor hanging water feature (14 stories tall) is in Compuware Headquarters Building, located in Downtown Detroit.
- The Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center Hotel, located in Downtown Detroit, is the tallest hotel in the United States.